Our latest New Shoots children’s centre, due to open its doors mid 2022, and will be a welcome addition to the vibrant rural community of Coatesville. Like the other members of the New Shoots family, Coatesville will be a space that feels like home. With cosy custom-made furniture inside and plenty of room to run around outdoors, the centre will be filled with warm, experienced teachers and an abundance of natural resources. Children will be free to explore and play, learn and grow at their own pace. At the heart of that is our Centre Director. We are looking for a true leader, someone that leads from the heart and have staff and tamariki at the front of every decision. A manager that will constantly uplift and support all their teaching and support staff.
An ideal candidate for our Centre Director role will:
- Possess true people management abilities, be comfortable in difficult conversations and drive to inspire and uplift staff.
- Have the ability to conceptualise, plan, and implement appropriate learning programs for children’s and ensure that program planning is overseen by your team leaders.
- Have experience in overseeing quality, safety, and creativity to all set-ups for all ages that facilitate meaningful learning experiences for tamariki to maximise learning and exploration.
- Have experience in the day to day management of a centre either in a manager or 2IC role.
- Understand the Ministry requirements for ratios, policies & procedures, and compliance with the early childhood regulations.
- Genuinely want to inspire, mentor, and support staff with your vast experience in ECE
- Need to be fully qualified and registered with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
Once appointed this role will also have a part in the recruitment of centre staff, so ideally experience in recruiting teachers would be an advantage. At New Shoots the educational theories that inspire our daily activities and are important to us include:
- Te Whariki
- Howard Gardners multiple intelligence
- The principals of RIE and PIKLER philosophies
- Along with others, so a strong understanding and implementation of these theories are essential.