At the beautiful secluded New Shoots Greenhithe, we are currently looking for a full time, qualified infant teacher starting in September. Working with tamariki is a fulfilling and rewarding role and to be able to do that in such a beautiful centre immersed in the bush is truly a unique and fulfilling role.
New Shoots Greenhithe have a team of authentic, genuine and committed teachers that truly make every single child and their family feel special and an extension of the New Shoots whānau. Children are respected and their individual and unique personalities are nurtured. We are influenced but the RIE, Pikler and Gardner philosophies so if you have experience in these or it simply aligns with your own philosophy, you will be a great fit in our centre.
We are looking for experienced kaiako who is:
- Well experienced in infant care
- Qualified with either full or provisional registration
- Someone who values developing independence and allows children to own their learning
- Able to value rituals and make each day special and meaningful for our tamariki.
- Someone who has knowledge of the RIE philosophy and identifies with this way of knowing being and doing. Working as a calm, considered, and unhurried teacher giving children the time and respect they deserve.
- Strong in building respectful relationships with children and whanau
- Well experienced in environment set up and making spaces beautiful.
Our centre has been awarded the New Zealand Architecture Award for Education and the Resene colour award so if you love to work in a stunning setting, Greenhithe is absolutely for you.