Due to our amazing Centre Director leaving Auckland we now have the exciting opportunity for a new Centre Director to lead a passionate team of kaiako in our Greenhithe centre.
To be successful in this role you will have had experience as a centre manager/director within an ECE environment. An ideal candidate for our Centre Director role will:
- Possess true people management abilities, be comfortable in difficult conversations and drive to inspire and uplift staff.
- Have the ability to conceptualise, plan, and implement appropriate learning programs for children’s and ensure that program planning is overseen by your team leaders.
- Have experience in overseeing quality, safety, and creativity to all set-ups for all ages that facilitate meaningful learning experiences for tamariki to maximise learning and exploration.
- Have experience in the day to day management of a centre either in a manager or 2IC role.
- Understand the Ministry requirements for ratios, policies & procedures, and compliance with the early childhood regulations.
- Genuinely want to inspire, mentor, and support staff with your vast experience in ECE
- Need to be fully qualified and registered with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
At New Shoots the educational theories that inspire our daily activities and are important to us include
- Te Whariki
- Howard Gardners multiple intelligence
- The principals of RIE and PIKLER philosophies;
along with others, so a strong understanding and implementation of these theories are essential.
Set on a rolling green hill, over a bridge and across a pond, arriving at New Shoots Greenhithe feels a little like a fairy tale. Found in a suburban North Shore neighbourhood close to Albany, our beautiful purpose-built Greenhithe centre was designed to bring in the morning sunshine, energising the space from first light.
Our centre comprises three separate pods – perfect for our three age groups – linked together by a veranda and a central courtyard.
Some of the best things about working at New Shoots are:
- Smaller ratios to help with building solid and meaningful relationships with tamariki and whanau
- An amazing team of teachers that inspire our tamariki every day
- Pay parity – Extended Pay Parity
- A newly launched staff benefits package full of fantastic surprises
- Supplied uniforms
- Endless learning opportunities and PD support
- A stunning environment that will feel like your home away from home.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Pip Phillips at email@example.com