Construction has now begun on our new architecturally designed early childhood centre based in the beautiful rural community of Drury. We are due to open our doors later this year so are starting the process of staffing, starting with our Centre Director position. New Shoots Centre Directors are true leaders, people that lead from the heart, have their staff and their tamariki at the front of every decision and uplift and support all their teaching and support staff.
An ideal candidate for our Centre Director role will:
- Possess true people management abilities, be comfortable in difficult conversations and the drive to inspire and uplift staff.
- Have the ability to conceptualise, plan, and implement appropriate learning programs for children’s and ensure that program planning is overseen by your team leaders.
- Have experience in overseeing quality, safety, and creativity to all set-ups for all ages that facilitate meaningful learning experiences for tamariki to maximise learning and exploration.
- Have experience in the day to day management of a centre either in a manager or 2IC role.
- Understand the Ministry requirements for ratios, policies & procedures, and compliance with the early childhood regulations.
- Genuinely want to inspire, mentor, and support staff with your vast experience in ECE
- Need to be fully qualified and registered with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
Once appointed this role will also have a part in the recruitment of centre staff, so ideally experience in recruiting teachers would be an advantage. At New Shoots, the educational theories that inspire our daily activities and are important to us include
- Te Whariki
- Howard Gardners multiple intelligence
- The principals of RIE and PIKLER philosophies Along with others, so a strong understanding and implementation of these theories are essential. For more information on our centres visit http://newshoots.co.nz or please send your cover letter and CV to Pip Phillips by emailing email@example.com