At the beautiful and established New Shoots Sunnyook, we are currently looking for a full time, qualified and unqualified kaiako. Working with tamariki is a fulfilling and rewarding role and to be able to do that in such a beautiful centre with a highly experienced and supportive team is a unique and fulfilling opportunity. With Sunnynook park at our back door and lush outdoor spaces, we are a hidden gem in our community.
New Shoots Sunnynook provides the perfect environment for a graduate, or a teacher with 1-3 years’ experience, to grow and develop their practice. Our unqualified position would suit someone where ECE is their passion and has experience with a range of ages. Our authentic, genuine and committed teachers truly make every single child and their family feel special and an extension of the New Shoots whānau. Children are respected and their individual and unique personalities are nurtured. We are influenced by the RIE, Pikler and Gardner philosophies so if you have experience in these or it simply aligns with your own philosophy, you will be a great fit in our centre.
We are looking for a kaiako who is:
- Someone who values developing independence and allows children to own their learning
- Able to value rituals and make each day special and meaningful for our tamariki.
- Someone who has knowledge of the RIE philosophy and identifies with this way of knowing being and doing. Working as a calm, considered, and unhurried teacher giving children the time and respect they deserve.
- Strong in building respectful relationships with children and whanau
- Well experienced in environment set up and making spaces beautiful.
Send your CV and Cover letter to Barb Geddes email@example.com