Leadership is one of many paths in the world of early childhood education. If that is the path you have started – then this could be the next step for you. At New Shoots Westgate we are currently looking for a room lead in our infant room.
The ideal person for this role will:
- Be a certified teacher with plenty of senior experience in working with infants in a calm nurturing and supportive style;
- Have experience in a senior teacher/leadership role or be at that point in their career where they have shown true leadership and want to take on that in their next role
- Have a true willingness to support and encourage a kind, positive, and fun team culture
- Be that “go-to” person that people feel easy to talk to and be listened by
- Have experience in teaching with a RIE/Pikler and Te Whariki influence
- Want to join a place where a career path is supported, encouraged, and nurtured.
Most importantly you will also have the ability and strength as a leader, to step into a Team Leader role when our esteemed team leader heads off on maternity leave. We do want to see someone with a successful and full career in infant care.
At New Shoots Westgate the days are infused with calming and respectful rituals, be it fruit tea upon arrival or yoga after lunch. In each room, our passionate teachers promote free play, encouraging children to explore the world around them in their own unique way. Opportunities for fun and learning are boundless at Westgate and there’s something for everyone – a fully stocked wooden kitchen for budding chefs, curious craft tables for future artists, and comfy reading nooks for quiet reflection.
Send your CV and cover letter to Pip Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org